As a freelance translator based in La Reunion from 2011 to 2016 and in Spain since 2016, I work in the field of translation of business and marketing documents as well as localisation of websites, apps and Internet content.
Growing up in a multicultural household (Reunionese Creole/Portuguese) in France and living in several places across three continents have provided me with a solid international experience, a better understanding of cultural differences and improved adaptation skills.
My clients appreciate my professional services for my expertise, personalized approach and reactivity. These qualities enable me to identify precisely their needs and implement the best strategies to meet them in order to strenghten their international presence.
Feel free to let me know about your language projects, I will be glad to help you with them.
- Collaboration with end clients and translation agencies such as Comunica, Gengo, TextMaster, Huawei, Traducteo, Tomedes, etc.
- Experience in dealing with different formats: DOC, XLS, PDF, XML, HTML, XLIFF, WordPress, InDesign, SDL, memoQ, MateCAT, etc.
- Average daily output: ~3,000 words
- Examples of texts that I have worked on:
• Websites and web content
• Leaflets, project reports
• Financial reports, press releases
• Corporate training manuals
• Product descriptions, brochures
• Contracts and cooperation agreements
- Localization of hotel, city and country descriptions: translation + adaptation of cultural references, units and formatting
- 8 orders for English to French. 170,000 words translated
- 7 orders for Spanish to French. 210,000 words translated
to June 2013
- Quality control agent: translation, proofreading and production of proofreading reports for the translators
- Ensuring that the standards specified by CSI Traducción in terms of quality are met at every moment
- Using Spanish language as main language for speaking and writing communication
- Collaborating with an international team to handle the work requests and quality controls
- Internship (duration: two months)
- Working languages: English, Spanish, French, Portuguese
CSI Traducción is University of Alicante Translation Service. Their customers include the university community, businesses, institutions and private individuals.
Paz y Desarrollo
to December 2011
- Translated around 17,000 words from Spanish to French and English to French
- Managed 3 extensive translation projects
- Contributed positively to the NGO communication and operation
- Volunteer Translator (Volunteer temporary contract)
- Working languages: English, Spanish, French
Spanish-based non-governmental organization working in more than 16 countries on 3 continents to promote the development of the world’s vulnerable countries through international cooperation.